Open seminars and workshops
ISF offers wide range of open seminars and workshops focussing on different areas, e.g.: hand-to-hand combat for civilian self-defense, sport knife fighting and knife combat for civilians. These seminars are available for everyone – S.P.A.S. clubs and other clubs that teach different self-defense systems. ISF seminars are a great opportunity to get familiar with S.P.A.S. system and its various aspects.
If you are interested in organizing one of ISF seminar, please contact ISF.
Currently, there are available 7 open seminars:
Technical set of realistic self-defense:
- Which body areas to attack and how to perform strikes.
- Sector defense (effective defense against punches). Push and punch (defense against typical grasps).
- Performing striking combinations. Fundamentals of the Personal Safety Concept.
- Distance control, blocking and striking defense against grasps. Defense against 1,2 or 3 strike combos.
- Use of sector defense. Attacking the neck, groin and occiput in self-defense situations.
- Methods of techinque training and their execution in real-life situations. “Escape” and “Withdrawal” tactical schemes.
ABC of sport knife fighting:
- Basic stance and hand position in knife-to-knife fighting. Useful knife attack techniques and their objectives.
- Types of defense techniques (distance work, bringing hands down and wedge driving).
- Principles of forming stabbing and cutting combinations
- Knife fighting fundamental tactics.
Aspects of applied knife combat in self-defense:
- Knife carrying tips.
- Knife interception and attack skills. Using knife in strike defense.
- Non-lethal knife techniques.
The subject of training involves armed and unarmed defense of our companions (partners etc.) in cases of his (her) lack of self-defense or escaping abilities. Technical and tactical set, the problem of companion’s withdrawal from a threatening situation and other relevant aspects of this kind of circumstances will be scrutinized carefully.
Kubotan in realistic self-defense:
- Kubotan as an instrument for striking defense.
- Combination of sector defense and kubotan strikes.
- Striking combinations dedicated to a street fight.
- and many other.
Improvised weapons in self-defense:
Use of pens, small bags, keys, sticks and other ‘at hand’ objects in self-defense. Ways of using these improvised tools in combination with strikes.